b. Albania 1993
Working across a scope of discursive and formal mediums including spatial practices, video and performance, my practice considers the body in relationship to spaces we inhabit and its psychological resonance. Repetition is often embedded in the process or the work itself, speaking toward the ongoing routines of everyday life.
Drawing from personal experiences and daily social rituals, I have most recently been concerned with the representation of the body and female subjectivity through the medium of video, as a means to draw the internal outward. Furthermore I seek to complicate constructed female social norms and the role of the camera by either directly or indirectly addressing such concerns in my work.
2016 - Completed Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) with First Class Honours - Monash University.
2015 - Completed Bachelor Of Fine Arts - Monash University (A semester of which was
undertaken in Italy, as part of Monash’s Prato program from which a handful
of students where chosen).
2017 - Arbitrium/ Freewill - Fusion Art Gallery, Torino Italy
- Debut XII - Blindside, Melbourne ARI
- She - Walkers Street Gallery, Dandenong
2016 - MADA Now (honours) - Monash University
- Halfway Honoured , Group Show - Batch, Caulfield Artist Run Gallery
- Windows XII, Group Show - Dirty Dozen Camberwell Arcade Flinders
2015 - MADA Now - Monash University Grad Show
- MADA Open Day, curated by Daniel Von Strummer
2014 - Dérive, Group Show - Monash University Prato Campus
2013 - Best of Friends, Group Show - Shepparton Art Museum
Fusion Art Gallery, Torino Italy (July -November)
2016 - Bearbrass Prize
- Blindside Debut XIII Award
2015 - Les Kossatz Memorial Prize
2014 - Careof, Milano Italy
Experience / Jobs
- Museum Assistant at Shepparton Art Museum since 2012
2017 - Artist's & Curator's Talk, Blindside ARI.
2016 - Artist talk Shepparton Art Museum
- Help in the installing process, and performed in Fiona Macdonald's Opening Act,
West Space, Melbourne.
2013 - Volunteered on occasion at Gallery Kaiela